Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Staining Wood

I spent most of Monday visiting my grandparents which is always a great way to spend the day. Especially because they have allowed me to set up a painting studio in one of their extra bedrooms. Since I quit my job back in June I've been really unmotivated when it comes to painting but Monday was a good day. While painting I found a blank wood panel that I decided that I was going to stain for my next project... so I did! And since I had already set up a little working station it was the perfect time to finish up a project that I started way back in March. There is still some work to do on the chair but at least I made progress!

I love how both of these projects turned out! I can't wait to finish them up.
Before
In progress

Now the second half is ready for painting and staining.
  
And here's a picture of my poor cat who was so hot because our AC was on the fritz. He spent the whole day staying low to the ground when he usually likes to be up so that he can see out the window.


No comments:

Post a Comment